These matches are intended to be fun and give you a chance to really get to know and use your favorite varmint, deer or target rifle. There will be no prizes awarded other than bragging rights and the fun of shooting with other rifle shooters. There will be five events at each shoot and time to shoot one or all of them if you wish. The events are:
1. Factory Varmint Rifle, with original barrel .243 or smaller, with any sight, 20 shots for score and unlimited sighting shots at 100 yards in 30 minutes.
2. Factory Deer Rifle, with original barrel .257 or larger, with scope of 16x or less, riffle with sights weight 10 pounds or less, 10 shots for score and unlimited sighting shots at 100 yards in 30 minutes.
3. Benchrest Rifle, must have a stock and be less than .50 caliber, 25 shots for score and unlimited sighting shots a 100 yards in 30 minutes.
4. Vintage Military Rifle, issued by any country before 1953 with issue barrel or replacement with the same dimensions and in the original chambering, metallic sights, 20 rounds for score and unlimited sighting shots at 100 yards in 30 minutes.
5. Any rifle shooting .22 LR, any sight 50 yards, 25 shots 30 minutes.
The first event fired will cost $5.00, each additional event is $2.00. You do not need to be a member to shoot in a match. Bath Rod and Gun Club has a covered firing line and 20 benches. The Club is located at 7771 Telegraph Road, Bath, NY. Telegraph Road goes north from Rt. 415 east of the Village of Bath. For more information contact Jim Peek at 607-776-1561